"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lamaze Cooling Leg and Foot Cream


OMG, why do I have a post on Lamaze?
Anyone familiar with this brand will know that Lamaze products cater to the mom-to-be in support of the Lamaze philosophy of childbirth education.

For the record, I am not a mom-to-be. I just decided to try the Lamaze cream. Well, it's just a cream and it wouldn't make me pregnant, I suppose :)

Below is the mission statement taken from Lamaze's website: www.lamaze.org










Lamaze International is a non-profit organization built on Dr. Fernand Lamaze's "Philosophy of Birth" which consisted of childbirth education classes, relaxation, breathing techniques and continuous emotional support from the father and a specially trained nurse, which became known as “the Lamaze method.” From its initial beginnings in the 1950s, this Philosophy of Birth has evolved into an evidence-based rationale for the evolution of Lamaze preparation for birth. ---Paraphrased from their website's Lamaze History; for more information on Healthy Birth Practices, you may explore their site.

Now let's move on to the Lamaze Cooling Leg and Foot Cream.





It's been days that I've been trying to tolerate my aching leg muscles - from all the walking during commute and client meetings. I love to walk (and I love my flats just as much). It may just be that I have stretched myself a bit too far these past few days.

On my way home (May 23, 2013), I was thinking of getting a drugstore foot lotion or cream to relieve my muscle aches as well as to help treat my dry feet. I am quite tired of the Watson's brands (although they are not so bad) so I tried to look for new ones. I finished window-shopping through the Landmark beauty section and even SM's non-Watson's kiosks and found nothing exciting.

Folks at the ground floor of Glorietta were going crazy over Marian Rivera. Hmmm, no comment.

The shops are almost closing when I strayed to Sleepcare --- the 50% off on blankets with cute animal heads attracted my attention. But I realized that I don't need them now. Then, I knocked over some stuff which contain travel essentials (hahaha). Right beside these are the baby products and creams. I found the Lamaze tube --- and surprise, it only costs 100 pesos. "Cooling leg and foot cream" seemed like an answered prayer at that moment. And yes, I read the label at the back to note that this is supposedly for "new and expecting moms". Well so...(I did a mental "shoulder-shrug"). I smelled the cream and found it very mild. So I took about 150 seconds to ponder some more before finally deciding on getting myself a tube. I didn't know what the sales ladies were thinking ("Is she pregnant?" "Did she read the label?" "Maybe she is pregnant..."). My thought bubble reply: "Don't worry dears; I might go back to get that baby lotion 'cause I'm a sucker for everything mild, hypoallergenic and organic."

The label says: It is paraben-free and hypoallergenic. It is made with organic ingredients.
Size: 6 oz. (170 g) --- The tube is 3/4 full when checked against the light.
Where bought: Sleepwear - Glorietta
Price: Php 100 (When I checked the Lamaze shop site, this same tube retails for $9.99. A steal or not?)

I used it immediately when I got home. You are supposed to massage this on your legs and feet (if you're a mom-to-be, please ask your significant other to do this for you --- that's what the label says :).

It has a very very very mild (yeah, infinitesimal) hint of peppermint. The cream consistency is not really thick as claimed (when I read "thick", I think of Crabtree & Evelyn consistency). It's just the right kind (not runny) for it to be absorbed immediately by the skin (more like a lotion than a cream in terms of consistency). It is non-greasy as claimed. I believe this consistency will not answer dry feet problems though, as our feet do require thicker creams (thicker than the ones we use for our hands) since these tend to be more dry than most parts of our body.

There is no lingering minty feel after application (I was looking for the "Cooling Leg" promise but didn't find it). As to it being revitalizing, I think it's the massage that you do when applying the cream that does the trick and not the cream itself. 

I am not really sure why there should be a different lotion for expecting moms other than the fact that the ingredients should be mild for their relatively sensitive needs. For a hundred pesos for this size, I think Lamaze is good enough as a nightly treat for anyone (The label suggests to use this twice daily for best results). My muscle aches lessened a bit but the dryness of my feet remains.

My footnote: Creams mean temporary relief. I believe that a deep tissue massage will provide more long-term benefits. I am interested in trying out this Karada (Japanese for "body") which is supposed to be beyond your usual massage as this "Japanese-based clinic goes beyond its service by promising to get rid of stress through body realignment and restoration of the body's natural balance. " Sounds cool? 
Check out this article:  http://www.philstar.com/health-and-family/2013/04/08/927293/karada-beyond-usual-massage





Disclaimer: I am not a beauty blogger. I do not recommend or rate products per se. I only share my experiences while using them and the whole thought process behind getting, using, falling in love or hating the product. I leave the beauty blogging to the experts; in fact, I go back to their reviews from time to time though I may not necessarily agree with all of these --- What's good for her may not be necessarily good for me. I am a confessed novice in every way --- I only try to view each experience with "new eyes" and reflect some more on how beauty can be a gift that should be experienced rather than seen. So don't take my word for it --- What works for me may not necessarily work for you --- but go ahead and take that adventure! The risks we take do make our lives interesting. =)

No comments: