"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Warm Welcome: The Henkel Tandem



About three laundry weekends ago, I welcomed Messy Bessy, a proud Filipino laundry and home care brand.  My lavandera days have smelled of lavender fields since then =) 
Credits: kclfarm.com
The learning curve was quite steep though for this lavandera who was used to laundry powder for the last five months. For my corporate wears which required the delicate cycle, I have to always remember to completely dilute the liquid detergent and rinse really well with lots of water. Otherwise, residues of the liquid detergent will be left on the blacks (but this happens with other liquid detergents and not just with Messy Bessy). 

This got the lavandera thinking: "I want to keep my black BLACK". 
If you know what  I mean.


No, I am NOT going back to anything Procter and Gamble. 
Or anything that will harm the environment. 
I will continue to support Filipino products. But that does not mean that I have became the extreme patriot, if there is such a thing. There are good brands out there and some are not Filipino-owned (reality check). Good brands deserve a loyal following regardless of ethnicity and I'm all for good quality. Plus points if this brand has a "heart" or an advocacy. 

Three laundry weekends later, I warmly welcome the new additions to my laundry family ;)
The Henkel tandem of Perwoll and Vernel...
Hmm, sounds like German for Malakas and Maganda
(from the Filipino folklore on the origin of mankind)

Vernel mood shot
Credits: www.
henkel.com
Please "read more" for my thoughts on the Henkel tandem.

Henkel is one of the brands I look up to (even before I paid closer attention to the details of my laundry aids). It already won me over with how its Perwoll line helped take care of my clothes, particularly the ones that require extra special handling. I used to say "No" when the clothing's care instructions say "Dry Clean Only". I thought that it was impossible for me to deal with these "high-maintenance" clothes, particularly for someone who tends to use the same set of blazers every week (And no, these are not uniforms; I'm just boring like that ;). 

But wait, I found a way. The kind sales attendant of "Themes" (Glorietta) tipped the naive me on how to take care of these "Dry Clean Only" clothing - particularly those important blazers and delicate fabrics. Two cheat tips:
  • Dry clean after the first use.
  • In the next washes, slowly introduce the clothing to liquid detergent designed for delicate fabrics (the best bet that worked for me was Perwoll).
Yup, no need to break the bank on dry cleaning bills =)

Henkel is a German brand. But before you shake your "patriotic" head, please note that this company helped bring jobs to Filipinos when it assigned the manufacturing and marketing license for its laundry and home care business to the Monheim Group of Companies. The partnership between Henkel and Monheim paved the way for a local Henkel production facility in the Philippines. (Credits: west.mabuhaynews.net)

One more thing, Henkel places great importance on people and environment. Plus points!
Henkel's commitment
Perwoll Black
I'll be using this for the blacks and dark colors.
My Messy Bessy remains a great aid for light-colored garments.
Vernel in Wild Rose
This promises to be environmentally compatible (so much similar to my Messy Bessy finds).
A longer lasting scent --- what I've been missing from using Messy Bessy alone (The laundry experience diffuse fragrance into the air but it goes away as soon as the clothes dry).

For you my dears who do your own laundry (clap clap clap) and who cares so much about your clothes, how do you deal? In my case, Patience and TLC are key. I'm hoping for more laundry weekends ahead with the Henkel tandem, and extended life spans for the delicate corporates and cottons in my closet. 

Bye for now. The lavandera will have her beauty rest. (;

No comments: