"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Shopping across transaction types at Metro Gaisano

I "discovered" a new retail haven. "Discovered" may not be the right word as this retail spot has always been close by. Ironically, I got to explore it more while in Cebu.
 
I grew up shopping in, and eventually worked for, that giant retail chain ;) --- its closest rival here in Cebu, and well, every other retail chain's rival.
 
On the other side, the retail chain in Iloilo City with the same last name filled me with fond childhood memories. What a delight it was for me then, when Mama and I used to spend hours or even the whole day going through several floors of departmentalized merchandise (my fave was the kids' stuff and books).
 
Now here I am, exploring another retail haven right in the heart of Ayala Center, Cebu. I went through different transaction types (or departments, if you may) in a few hours: grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty and ladies wear during a sale day.
 
At the end of the retail therapy and minus about 1,200 pesos, I ended the happy journey with great bargains (e.g., leggings and blouse, good enough for sleepwear, for under P200 plus a luxury bath and body set for about P150+) and my jar of Speculoos cookie butter! (Trader Joe's my loves, and I think the cheapest I found so far in the Philippines) :)
 
Hurrah to a happy weekend!


No comments: