"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Weekend Agenda: No Agenda


My daily morning view from my bedroom
"Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day."
Agree. The happiness in Saturdays indeed! And Sundays. And long weekends :)





22-23 April
  • Last week's Saturday was a no-agenda Saturday. I stayed in and cooked my lamb moussaka --- lovely brunch and dinner with the usual good helping of rice. Please check out my latest The Skinny Eats post and see how high this dish ranked in my list.
  • Sunday came. It was the celebrated London Marathon, but I only craved for blueberry muffins, haha. I went out briefly to check out the marathoners who passed by Limehouse and headed to Lidl for my muffins.
Click "Read more" for the rest of my 'No Agenda' weekend.

  • Later in the evening, Liza and I met up to see the Romeo and Juliet at Shakespeare's Globe. We had pasta dinner at Vapiano beforehand given the late 6:30 p.m. slot. We didn't expect the modern take on Shakespeare's play though. Whilst the wild, bold, modern spin reminded me of the movie adaptation which starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes, it didn't leave the same memorable spell. Unfortunately.
Shakespeare's Globe: An open-air venue

Lesson learned: Pay attention to the fine print when buying tickets ;)

29-30 April
  • This Saturday, I realised that I've missed Islington and so I went for my usual TSA @ A+I with the exception of buying flowers. I'll get them much later plus maybe with pots of basil and rosemary.
  • I also went back to Turner & George for a "small" cut of pork shoulder. Yes, you read that right, after a long time of going almost-pescaterian, I went back for moderate portions of meat.
  • I had to finish my meat and seafood errands promptly as it was half past four when I reached Angel (Turner & George and Moxon's close at about 5pm).
  • I rambled through the usual vintage stalls. If I were not consciously avoiding accumulating any more clutter, I would have purchased those really dainty tea cup sets and cheap mason jars.
  • I bought brioche rolls from Tesco and sat by the Islington Green listening to feel-good music over my headphones. Was it blissful indeed --- these short moments of just doing nothing and worrying about nothing?
  • I went inside the Waterstones bookstore and spent my rewards voucher on one travel guide. I earned this rewards voucher from working so hard on a very demanding project, and what better way to reward myself than through a short vacation.
  • I'm currently planning for two trips --- the destinations I will keep under wraps for now. Will share soon :)
  • This Sunday, I cooked a simple recipe of cod (pan-fried beforehand, lightly salted and shredded) and courgette (cut in cubes and briefly stir-fried), both from my Islington fresh picks.

It's only a few hours until May in this side of the world. Are you as excited as I am?













No comments: