"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Let's Go A's

Yipee! The Oakland A's won!!!
(And even though we're SF folks, I think for the sake of "standing tall", we're taking the A's side. "We" means the EY TSRS audience filling up Section 103 of the McAfee Coliseum at Oakland City, CA.)

Just got home from a really awesome baseball game. The Oakland Athletics were great and they won over LA Angels, 5-4, giving the hometown crowd a "Wow" end to a Friday night. The game finished with jaw-dropping and "ooh-worthy" fireworks display at around 11 PM. Most of the crowd gathered and filled up the cordoned part of the baseball field in what seemed like a picnic under the stars...another picture perfect American tradition.

My SF link has some of the game's pix (Just go to the "Let's Go Oakland" album): http://genefelsf.shutterfly.com/
(Feel free to visit anytime to check on new collections; this one's more updated than my blog - much easier to upload than blog huh?)

...It was just what I expected: a great game, wonderful and responsive hometown crowd and lots of food (Our tickets - pass and food - are free, by the way, thanks to our TSRS partner, Lionel Yee; he dropped by to say 'hi' during the game and maybe check on his TSRS team, hahaha). I got myself a furry bear in a little "Athletics" jersey for a souvenir and ofcourse the Oakland A's green souvenir cup (no, not the baseball cap, I'm not really a CAP person =). And after everything else, I'm soo exhausted but can't help saying "That was really fun!"
Hope to see more baseball games ahead! Til then...I have to doze off 'cause I only have a few hours 'til my "planned" jogging by the Ferry grounds (I really hope this pushes through). Good night my furry bear (I'm christening you as "Ace" right now). Sweet baseball dream!

No comments: