"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hello San Francisco

Surprise surprise! When I arrived at the San Francisco International Airport on the 24th, I learned that I will be assigned in San Francisco, instead of San Jose...Yey! 'Cause SF seems like a wonderful and promising place to stay in for six months.
I just finished writing my "manual" diary...I may not feel like repeating some triviliaties I logged in there, here (sorry, it took me so long to remember my username and password here, hehe)
My body clock (which includes my sleeping time and digestive system) went crazy for the last 9 days or so. I eat and sleep at weird hours, but I'm already adjusting right now. My client is Kaiser at Oakland, so I take the MUNI and BART (a lot like the MRT back home) to get there in 30 minutes or so..and two good things: the MUNI station is right outside my apartment and transits are not as congested as the MRT even during rush hours ( I can even seat my laptop bag right beside me)...
We're having a long holiday weekend: from Friday to Monday, part of their Labor Day weekend. Right now, I'm having breakfast...thanks to RICE-A-RONI, it's such a blessing. It's ready-to-mix rice grains package which I mix with about 2 1/2 cups water and 2 tbsps. butter, then microwave for about 17-20 minutes, then I stir in the special seasoning and microwave for another 1-2 minutes. And it's ready! It comes in different flavors too ( I got them at Safeway for 10boxes for $10 which is available to Safeway Club members, and I am). So far, I tried the Parmesan and Mexican. I'm having Mexican style right now, also turkey with lettuce, mushroom and broccoli I stir-fried myself...So good and a beautiful day ahead..

No comments: