"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Gong Cha Wintermelon Milk Tea



Gong Cha Wintermelon Tea (House Specials)
Size: Large
Where bought: Gong Cha @ Food Choices - Glorietta, Ayala Center, Makati City
Price: Php 95


So far, this is number one on my list.
#2 Dakasi Okinawa tea, #3 Serenitea Okinawa tea

I do not plan to try all the milk teas out there. Jumping into the milk tea craze, if only for a while, made me learn more about my teatime preferences. Now I know what to look for in my milk teas.

  • I want them plain, without the sinkers. The creamy foam on top of Gong Cha's version is a winner. It's salty tangy taste mixed well with the sweetness  of the wintermelon, milk and tea. This gave, what for me is, a balanced flavor --- no saccharine after-taste and nothing overpowering.
  • I want them in large servings =) so I don't suffer from "post-drink craving".
  • I want them with less ice. For me, the flavor remains "real" with less ice cubes which eventually dilutes the original intent of the concoction.

My take-away: To each his/her own. We read all the reviews and the top 10 lists of what are the best out there. But that's their take. We have to try it ourselves and listen intently to the honest evaluations of our senses. 

Enjoy the remaining drops of summer (if there are still any) and stay healthy my dears! 

No comments: