"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, June 02, 2014

Checked Out Chillage

The concept of having a chill out place with no alcohol piqued my curiosity (I read the article here). The Internet pictures of the graffiti and one-off items intrigued me.
 
 
The curious cat in me couldn't help it. Despite the long Monday that I've had, I forced myself to check out Chillage tonight.
I wished I went there on a Saturday afternoon though. I would have had more time to really chill out. Although the Adnama building is just behind Park Mall, the road going there doesn't look too friendly at night. Well, I am quite night-blind so that added the creeps to me.
 
I briefly explored the area and took some pictures. It was a small space anyway. Plus the lady at the counter kept asking me if the first item I left at the counter is all I wanted. Haha. I didn't want to be much trouble to her so I left as soon as I entered. I paid for the one thing that I liked and fitted me. I wanted to buy some curious accessories but there was none that really made my heart jump out. I made sure to head back to my hotel before 9pm, just to be safe.
 
 
Overall verdict: The Chillage is a cool place. I wished it was situated in a more accessible place though. The assortments sold here are leaning more on the novelty side so it would take some luck to chance on something that one may like. It has a whole lot of options for one-of-a-kind gift ideas, although more for teens and tweens. 
 
There's still the cafe and the playroom which I haven't explored. Some other time maybe.
 

Address:
Ground Floor of Adnama Building Larrazabal Avenue, North Reclamation Mandaue

 
 
Please click "Read more" to see more pictures.



 

Live, Love, laugh:
The rest room slash fitting room with the sofa.
There was no full-length mirror inside; you have to go out and check yourself in the full-length mirror which also runs across the male rest room. That might not sit well for some, I guess. Except for the lonely soul with a laptop sitting on the table who later evaporated after a few minutes, there was no other customer when I visited which was a good thing fitting-room-wise.
 
 
Interesting mix of accessories to entertain one who uses the rest room / fitting room

 
The little prince?

 
Dual purpose: Displaying sale items and contributing to the interior design
 
Ukeleles
 
My favorite of all shots

 
 
 
 
 
 
I realized that distressed jeans can be so cool without being tacky

 
 
Do the world a favor:
Wear this pair while you still can do it justice

See you at the next chillout place ;)

No comments: