"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Warm Welcome: Fabulous the Fig

Among the sticker collection and redemption promotions of Rustan's, it's the Goodness Gang that appeals most to me. While the rest of the folks were busy collecting stamps from drinking, or rather guzzling down cups and cups of coffee, I chose to go on my usual weekly spending track --- groceries.  In the process, I completed my Goodness Gang sticker booklet just in time, on the last day of the promotion, which entitled me to one cute stuffed toy of my choice from the Goodness Gang of superfruits.

But that is not all there is to my sticker-collection tradition. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, the rejected, the out-of-place, and the one left behind. The last time I redeemed my stuffed toy from the Goodness Gang, I waited for the last day of redemption and even towards the last few hours before store closing. That meant that I redeemed the "last choice" left behind. I don't know what's with this tradition but it gives me an indescribable sense of accomplishment.  Maybe it's because it feels like adopting a rescue dog, the one that everyone wanted the least. Or maybe it teaches me to wait and hold back for the very last one.

Last time, I got Karotine. This year, please say hello and send a BIG virtual hug to...

Fabulous a.k.a. Fave, the Fig!!!



Happy Sunday, loves!  



No comments: