"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, April 08, 2017

The Saturday Agenda: Rambling Through Sunny London Part 1

Hey there!! How was your week? I hope it went well at work or with whatever kept you busy for the past five days. Mine was exhausting physically and mentally. Two days into the work week, I was already looking forward to Saturday, lol.

Last night, I joined the girls (Liza and Verna) for Movie Friday. We saw Beauty and the Beast. I know, it was quite belated, but I guess that goes with age --- no rush to be ahead and join the premiere night bandwagon anymore. We are way past that stage and we often choose to enjoy things at our own pace.







Click to "Read more".

Here are my two cents+ (and more) on the movie before I share my Saturday agenda:
  • It met my expectations for the most part. Production-wise, I was awed by the attention to detail (the enchanted characters in the castle), and the musical numbers. I loved the dance of Belle and the Beast most of all. But the yellow dress was a bit of a let-down. Perhaps, that was hugely influenced with  what I remember from the animated movie. I even have a Belle doll with the lovely yellow dress.
  • Honestly, Emma Watson and Dan Stevens are not exactly who I envisioned the lead roles to be. I would have gone for less popular or completely unknown actors, preferably French. My preferences aside, I think that the two leads gave their own touch and personality to these characters.
  • The back stories helped. I think they were necessary to make the characters more 'human', minus the magic spells and enchantment. Bottom line, we can choose to see the good in everyone despite the dire circumstances and beyond the evil façade.
  • Maybe it's just me, but I found it hard to see or feel the 'romantic' chemistry between Emma's Belle and Dan's Beast. I think that theirs was more of friendship, probably the kind that was deep enough for them to risk their lives for each other, but without the butterflies-in-my-stomach sparks. Then again, friendship would be a good start for a long-term happily ever after.
  • I would have preferred Dan Steven's post-transformation Beast with a beard. ;)

 
Now on to my Saturday agenda...
Everyone I met last Friday seemed to be too excited for the twenty-something-degree weather this weekend. I've spent only a few months with this chilly/foggy/cloudy London weather but I can completely relate to the general public's celebratory mood whenever glorious sunshine is in the forecast. Perhaps, with more time here in London, I will eventually be genuinely animated and excited and should be able to join in these in-depth discussions of the lovely weather.
  • I spent my morning doing my usual household chores.
  • I had my weekly long-distance call with Mama.
  • After lunch, I headed off to One New Change for my 2:15 pm salon appointment scheduled from three months ago. I opted for a hair colour touch-up this time.
  • It was still very sunny when I was done with my salon appointment so I decided to  get more mileage from my salon blowout. For a change (no TSA @ A+I this weekend), I decided to go to Greenwich. :)
  • I went to Greenwich Market for a late afternoon meal of Chicken Thai Curry.
  • I walked around Greenwich Park and bathe in the sunshine :)  





  • It seemed that one third of London was there in Greenwich, hahaha.




  • After a well-spent afternoon, my legs were tired from the walking. Time for my weekly soak :)


    Good night, dear!


    XOXO,
    Genefel

No comments: