"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, April 03, 2017

Hashtags 2017 ed. vol. 8

#ThatPerfectMoment
I want that 'Perfect' moment. That one night. 
Under this 'Dreamworks' slice of moonlight. By the riverside.
When he finally realises that this is it. Ours is the real thing.
When his gaze catches mine, and the milliseconds of silence would say it all.
We'd stand up from our seats, still speechless.
Our two pairs of left feet, trying to make sense of this lovely song:

"Dancing in the dark. 
With you between my arms. 
Barefoot in the grass.
Listening to our favorite song. 
When you said you looked a mess.
I whispered underneath my breath. 
But you heard it darling.
You look perfect tonight."

I would be my usual nervous self. 
Expect that, whenever I get close to this precipice.
Even after all that life has showed me, I still have fears.
Heights, traps, love.

I am not perfect.
He won't be perfect.
But we would be perfectly right for each other.
There'd be odds and doubts.
But the timing would be surely right by then.
He'd see through my quirks,
Bear with the mess and randomness
And find the logic to understand these
However complex I get to be;
I will appreciate the chapters, 
All the empty and profound pages
That made up what he became
Beneath that beautiful hard-bound shell.

But a girl can dream, right? About that perfect moment.
I don't know, but I have an almost clear picture of this dance by the garden.
Sometimes, it does not feel like a dream anymore. 


Credits: Lyrics in italics from Ed Sheeran's song, Perfect

No comments: