"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Gene's Fall !!!

Yay! It's fall! Gene's fall :) 
My season ? Hahaha :D

Credits: cas.udel.edu
While we do not have fall season in the Philippines, that doesn't prevent us from celebrating the fall colors. 
Out-of-country brands take the time and effort to bring in their fall-inspired products and invite us into the fall season's spell.
Credits: philadelphia.foobooz.com

This also brings me back to my short but sweet "fall memories" from seven years ago...
Amidst the fall colors, I just needed that picture across my country's flag :)

A season when I saw my first pumpkins and picked up "real" maple leaves. 
Still a kid at heart (just like the cute little man over there)...when I found my first huge pumpkin

My books still have those maple leaf inserts and I can't help but smile when I reread and find them. 
I placed maple leaves on everything (lol)...
Even on my first (and so far only) Thanksgiving turkey --- cooked based on a "mash-up" of Lifestyle Network and Safeway recipes

It was a memorable season --- Fall 2006. I will always associate it with gratitude, roasted good food and surprises. 
Science explains this season's trademark foliage transformation as the "shutdown of photosynthesis". 
What may sound like a sad end of summer's green instead results into an unfolding of reds, deep browns and dark yellows that is best described as surprisingly beautiful.

For me, this means a lot.
It's the proof that indeed there is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Life has reserved at least one miracle for us and this will unfold in its own perfect season.
So please be patient and take your time.

I feel that this will be a great fall season and I'm claiming it :) 
May we all have a great visual treat of fall colors and enjoy these while they last !



No comments: