"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Look What I Found: Cookie Butter Spread


This whole Speculoos bandwagon has been parading infront of me for the past months. But it's only last Monday that I felt the real craving for some cookie butter melt-in-your-mouth goodness.

That led me to Rustan's supermarket where I found Vermeiren's version of the Speculoos cookie spread. There are other versions available here in Manila --- I saw one in Healthy Options and the more famous Trader Joe's at a Japanese store in Glorietta (sorry I forgot the name of the store/resto).

I've resolved to answer my food cravings promptly (this year) because they come rarely. For someone who is not even a foodie per se, cravings are luxuries.

Immediately when I got home that Monday, I had my late night snack of whole wheat bread spread with Speculoos goodness. And my, was it good! It was a heavenly delicious ritual of melting the stress away. The cookie butter spread is very creamy and spreadable, especially at room temperature. Sweetness is just right for me --- nothing for toothaches. Unlike peanut butter where I'd "abandon" the bottle after 3-4 snack sessions, this one kept me coming back for days until I finished one loaf of wheat bread. Now, I'm on my second loaf :)

From then on, I'd take two whole wheat "Speculoos" sandwiches with me for my office snack break (perfect de-stressors indeed). I'm excited to try the other Speculoos variants (hopefully the cravings remain by then) and bring home a bottle when I go home to Iloilo this December :)

No comments: