"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Delectables: La Vie Parisienne

Life and its detours...This is another one.
An unplanned stop, and yet the entire team knew that I've been dying to find this place!
 
Good thing we spotted this little French nook after the Mormons church on our way out from the Taoist temple. I was so taken by that strange golden symbol which was almost floating on top of the Mormons church and was still staring at that way until I saw a pink house. Then it dawned on me that the pink house is just close by a place that I've been searching for the past few days. And there it was!
 
La Vie Parisienne (The French Life) is located at 371 Gorordo Avenue Lahug, Cebu City. This is right next to La Maison Rose (The Pinkhouse Restaurant).
 
La Vie Parisienne is a little French deli and wine cellar where you can eat and live the French life even for just a few hours. Buy some of their baked pastries like the favorite macarons and much raved about croissants. The resto claims that these are Laduree macarons and that the dough for their pastries are sourced from France and baked at La Vie Parisienne. Posh, huh. I loved the soft croissants and the just-perfect macarons. It was midday when we came in and I didn't expect them to be freshly baked. But my, they still tasted great!
 
La Vie Parisienne also sells jams, wine and cheese. You can opt to have your wine and cheese in the cherry-blossom-themed garden sets. The rest of the breads we tried are not that great when served at room temperature. I got myself a bottle of wine and a bottle of apricot jam. These are for Mama on Mother's day. I wasn't able to get the cheese although I initially planned to. The lady at the counter was just too distracted to listen or understand my question. I asked her several times and repeated my question but in the end, she was just not helpful at all in recommending a cheese pairing with my wine. Will get my cheese in Iloilo's Tinapayan instead. Well, what can I say: It is not enough to sell good, or even great food; it is more important to understand your food and pay attention to your customers :) Hopefully, the La Vie Parisienne's owners will look at that other important aspect: people.
 
 
 
Please click "Read more" for more pictures.


 
 
 
Here are pictures of the Pinkhouse restaurant next door, which was not open at the time of our visit.
 
 



Attention to details: Can I have those on my door?


 
 
 

Proudly hanging beside the Pinkhouse restaurant's door

A pizza option is also close by





Bye for now, La Vie Parisienne.
Till we meet again...
 
Note: Pardon the quality of the pictures as these were taken from my good ol' BB mobile.

No comments: