"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, March 04, 2017

The Saturday Agenda: Making Handmade Soaps + Persian Lunch

Why do I share my Saturday agenda with you? Good question. My two cents on this:
  1. Currently, it is my only "free time" when non-work events of interest actually happen. Other than these, I'd most likely bore you with a lecture on audit, risk and controls, hahaha. And on a Saturday, no thanks.
  2. I want to encourage you to go out, get out of your comfort zone (which will most likely be your very comfortable, warm and cosy bed) and LIVE OUT LIFE!! Don't get me wrong. I am an introvert myself and staying indoors with a cup of hot cocoa and immersing myself in the world of books are my closest to heaven. However, I've made a pact with this introvert self of mine that I will go out more and see the "outside world" every now and then. Why? Life is short. We are here for the journey - THE experience. :)
So here goes my agenda for this Saturday...


Click to "Read more".
 
11-12:30 am
Soap-making at Token Studio
  • The approach was very hands-on. There were only the two of us, my friend Liza and I, so the teacher had more than enough time to coach us throughout the entire class.
  • We used organic ingredients and got to pick our choices of: (A) herbs and flowers: I picked forget-me-not and osmanthus; (B) essential oils: I picked cocoa butter and lavender; (C) colors: I picked the red that will turn into salmon pink when combined with my melted soap solution and a strange brownish one which amazingly turned into green :)
  • It was really simple: Melt, mix and pour!
  • During the short break when we allowed the soap mixture to set in the molds, we had time to look around the cutesy and artsy stuff in the shop.
  • Here are my final products - handmade with love!!!
There's a cute teddy (it is more detailed in person), and lots of roses here

 
12:30 am to 2:00 pm
Persian lunch at Alounak, Bayswater
  • We took the District Line to Kensington High Street and Bus#28 to get to our lunch stop: Alounak. It's a Persian restaurant in Westbourne Groove, Bayswater.
  • Liza and I ordered a pot of Iranian tea and the Chelo-Kabab Koobedeh, a huge oval platter with two skewers of minced lamb, grilled tomato, vegetables and rice --- one platter for each of us. 
Iranian tea
  • Yes, I finished this entire platter by myself. Thank you very much :) Liza applauded and I was very proud of myself (lol).



2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Walk and shake it off!!!
  • We went around Kensington Garden and had coffee at the cafĂ© beside the Kensington Palace to wake ourselves up after the hearty lunch. 
  • I noticed how well-trimmed and beautiful the hedges around the palace were from afar, but upon closer look, saw that they were cypress trees. No wonder the tears and sorrow :( (The late Princess of Wales used to live here.)
  • We also had to walk some more to burn those calories, and met these lovely representatives of the fowl kingdom along the way.
Ex-postman: Letters? Sorry, I left that career a long time ago.
You may have to update yourself with the new trends called 'chatting' and 'swiping'.
Me: Oops, sorry, wrong messenger here.

When you know you're beautiful and have ZERO insecurities
Wear your invisible crown, lady

  • We passed by the Albert Memorial: A testament of Victoria's love for her Albert. While I am not a fan of their love story, I have great respect for such fervent loyalty and devotion.
 


  • After a short trip along the Piccadilly line, we reached Covent Garden. Liza promised herself that she will buy a beanie to replace the one she just lost, and since it is almost spring (yay!), she was looking for something reasonably priced. As how ladies usually are, it took her a long time to try on several beanies (different warmth and colours) at Mountain Warehouse. I joined in the trying-on and after an eternity, I finally decided on this really cheap one which was on sale and happens to match my red coat. In the end, Liza and I ended up buying the same red beanie. Ladies with red beanies, cheers!!



Enjoy the rest of the day!!

No comments: