"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Thursday, March 02, 2017

On Memories and Daffodils

On my way to a client meeting earlier today, I decided to have a quick lunch at Wasabi. I saw this lovely #gardenoflight at the Paternoster Square, near St. Paul's Cathedral.



From the official Marie Curie website:

"The Garden of Light is a celebration of the people who matter. It’s packed full of daffodils – 2,100 to be precise. Each one represents a Marie Curie Nurse, symbolising the amazing care and support they give to families affected by terminal illness.


It’s also a place where you can remember the people you love by signing our memory wall, and hear poignant audio stories from some of the people we’ve helped."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I picked a daffodil petal myself, wrote the names of those who have passed away but remain closest to my heart, and pasted my daffodil petal on the memory wall. Why daffodils, I wondered. A bit of Google search showed me that these flowers symbolise rebirth and new beginnings. My greatest respect to these Marie Curie nurses for their dedication to their jobs which continue to give us hope on humanity and pave the way for rebirth, second chances and new beginnings. Some may have left us in this lifetime, but in my heart, I feel that they are just around us in various versions of stardust.


XOXO,
Genefel













No comments: