"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Sunday Agenda: Changing of the Guards, Highgate & Flat Iron Steak


Hi there!
Need a dash of sunshine and a generous sprinkling of warmth? I'll try my best to brighten up your day in my own little way. Here's a slight variation to my usual TSA agenda - this time S is for Sunday :)
  1. Changing of the Guards
  2. Highgate: Waterlow Park and Highgate Cemetery
  3. Flat Iron Steak


Click "Read more" to see my Sunday agenda.



Changing of the Guards
11:00 AM
Outside the Buckingham Palace
    
    The formal ceremony is accompanied with music.
    






Guards in red tunics and bearskin hats



At least he's allowed to say 'Good morning'. I like courteous gentlemen :)

Highgate
12:00 NN
When I was researching for places to live in London, Highgate turned up as one of the most habitable (and expensive) choices. Back then, I wondered why would one want to live next to the Highgate Cemetery even if it is a famous one. Now, I can understand why.


Waterlow Park




I loved how truly quiet and peaceful this place is, and how it easily drowned out the hustle and bustle of the city I was in minutes ago.
















Highgate Cemetery
Interesting agenda


Burial place for the remains of Karl Marx, the Communist philosopher




These tombstones are not only creative (like the artists and writers they are dedicated to), but they beg you to really think through the brevity of life. Are you living your life to the fullest, and what would your epitaph say?


Holly Village: A fascinating and mystical place caught my eye, just as I was leaving Highgate.

Flat Iron Steak
2:00 PM
Covent Garden


The steak comes with a salad, and you can add your choice of side dish and sauce.


This restaurant keeps it simple.
The main menu is either the signature 'flat iron' steak at a reasonable price, or the specials which cost a little bit more.



The 'flat iron' (or top blade steak) refers to the shoulder part of the cow which is cut as flat as possible to remove the tough connective tissue.
Bonus: Claim your free ice cream in a cornet on your way out:)



That's all for now from my weekend agenda. Ciao dear!






No comments: