"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, June 10, 2013

Look What I Found: Grandma's Secret Spot Remover


Grandma's Secret Spot Remover
The label says: Just a drop is all it takes to remove oil, grease, paint, make-up, grass, clay, inks, blood, baby formula, tar, spaghetti sauce, coffee, rust, betadine, tumeric, fabric bleed, pet stains...most any kind of STAIN.
Where bought: Sesou kiosk, Ground Floor, New Glorietta, Ayala Center, Makati City 
Net Contents: 2 fl. oz. (59mL)
Price: Php 295
Ingredients: Secret
Hmmm.... Another interesting problem solver...
(Please read on)

Directions
The key words here are: "Rinse thoroughly".
Just because this professes to be some sort of a "magic" spot remover doesn't mean that you will leave the stain as is and it will magically disappear. Make sure to wash, gently brush or spot-clean the area where you applied the spot remover. That way, the spot remover's elements (which should have done its "magic morphosis of sorts" with the stain) are thoroughly washed away.
Grandma's Story
Fairy tale-ish marketing pitch right? But I fell for it :)

Now let's see if there's some truth to Grandma's story...

This is my story: I do take care of my bags, that is, while they are under my care. However, my poor bag Mocha was "scuffed" at both sides of its base when I sent it home to Iloilo, along with seven years of accumulated stuff. I did not try to trace the source or cause of such "scuffs" (cargo handling, prolonged storage in the cabinet without the dustbag, etc.). Well, I'm just not the fault-finding type. 
Before: Dark scuff on right side
Before: Dark scuff on left side
The "scuffs" look really bad, up close and under the camera's flash. But in person or under the "naked eye", they really are just dark spots that you can mistake for "brown feet", hehe. 

But is there still hope? To at least lighten these dark spots close enough to a "mocha" shade?

I didn't bother much about the "brown feet" --- they seemed to give my bag its character. And then, this green ink!!!
Before: The green ink
Well, well, well...let's see if Grandma's Secret Spot Remover can do something about it.
1
2
3
4
5
Where's the ink?
After cleaning the bag, I got confused on which side had the green ink.
I took pictures of both sides. And this is not THAT side.
This is THAT side.
How did I know?
The green ink is not obvious to the "naked eye"
But thanks to the camera's flash, there's that small dot of green when you look much much closer --- which proves that this is THAT side =)
After: "Whitened" scuff on left side
After: "Whitened" scuff on right side

The "scuffs" have become off-white now. To the "naked eye", the bag's brown feet is now GONE.
Sidenotes: If I can find the right shop, I might request for some buffing service to further refine the "scuff footprints" =)
I do not encourage you to NOT protect your precious stuff from stains but the inevitable sometimes happens to teach us a lesson or two. So just in case THAT happens, here's one "Secret" you can keep.


No comments: