"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Saturday Agenda: Two of Cebu's Best in One Day

May 24, 2014, Saturday

Agenda:
>> 1:00PM (by appointment) - Haircut at Bridges
>> After the haircut - Foot massage at Cataliya Thai Herb Spa
Location: The Gallery, Juan Luna St., Mabolo, Cebu City



After some Google searches and a quick phone call, I got another Saturday agenda laid out without necessarily planning for it. Bridges and Cataliya proudly acknowledge (and display) the honor that they've been included in the Best of Cebu - 2013 (sunstar.com.ph) 



What's my take on two of Cebu's best? Please click 'Read more'.


I searched the Internet for the "best haircut in Cebu" and Google led me to this salon.
It's a must-try for me as this is truly a Cebu salon with no branch in Manila or elsewhere, and it came just in time for my haircut schedule. I also read that the owner of the salon, Francis Lee, is one of the three appointed L'Oreal ambassadors to the Philippines.

I got to The Gallery much earlier than my appointment (a little past 12 noon). I saw another of Cebu's best (which was not open at that time) and immediately placed this in Saturday agenda. Good thing, it opened after I was done with my haircut.



It was a very productive Saturday afternoon for me.
The good news is that I spent less than half the price of what I'd pay for a me-time pampering session in Makati.
It was perfect timing, too (i.e., starting the agenda at 1 p.m.) since the place is not that busy yet. The rest of the Cebu folk may be lunching or napping at this time.

I was done before 4 p.m so I decided to take side trips before going home...
I was looking for a jeepney ride going to the Ayala Center and before I realized it, I was actually walking towards the Cebu IT Park. It was quite a long walk, mind you. But I was effectively "strolling" in a lazy Saturday afternoon.



Lovely skyscraper shot at the Cebu IT Park
Going around IT Park really felt like walking the grounds of The Fort Bonifacio Global City.

I took a jeepney ride to Ayala Center, my last stop.
Here are my finds from the Bisaya souvenir shop, Metro department store, and an unassuming bazaar inside Ayala Center (practicality is the by-word I got from my last shopping lesson with Mama ;).

Clockwise from top:
"Bisaya" statement t-shirt that translates to "bitchy but beautiful" ('maldita' is also Spanish but the literal translation has been toned down to refer to modern day no-nonsense women)
Black lace shorts - I don't know when or where will I wear these pair, ever (I am too shy to flaunt my legs in shorts; skirts are okay). Probably in a future beach getaway with my gal friends?
Orange flats - for Mama. Hopefully this fits her and she'll be comfortable with these; otherwise, I will be forced to fit my footsies in these, haha.

This could be my last solo trip around Cebu and it was through this unplanned Saturday agenda. Thank you for letting me experience Cebu's best in one day.

No comments: