"There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, June 01, 2014

My Cebu Bucket List

I didn't expect to stay this long in Cebu, and I didn't expect to enjoy my stay this much. I guess life is indeed what you make it. I tried to make the most of my long assignment by embracing and experiencing the Cebu culture. As weeks went by, I built up my mental bucket list of things to do and eat while in Cebu.
 
Thanks to my GO team for helping me cross out most of the items in my list. But some have to be done on my own (e.g., I cannot force them to have a haircut with me :).
 
I'm sharing my personal Cebu bucket list with you. (You may click on the links below to read my related blog posts for items crossed off from my list.) 
 
I hope it will help you come up with your own, just in case you come across a situation / opportunity like mine. There is no dead end in real life. There are always U-turns. When we do get lost, we might as well enjoy the detour before finding our way back again. =)



 
Credits: http://www.njscpa.org

  1. Have a relaxing massage (Lots of it - Full body massage / hilot at Nuat Thai, Yoga Thai, and Hilot Kafe; foot massage at Cataliya).
  2. Feast on Cebu's lechon (Done - Zubuchon is love).
  3. Buy lots of danggit and pusit for Mama (Done - for the Holy Week break).
  4. Taste Cebu's version of pochero (Done - @STK).
  5. Revisit Su-Tu-Kil/STK (Done - April 15 team dinner).
  6. Eat at Casa Verde (Done - found the original branch).
  7. Try the street food (Done - across Dohera Hotel and AA Barbecue).
  8. Enjoy a sunset dinner (Done - detour to Lantaw Floating Restaurant ).
  9. Try the La Marea desserts (Done - Someone gave me the cookies; the team endured two hours and the rain to find La Marea at the IT Park and we all tried the brownie cup).
  10. Visit and buy wine at the La Vie Pariesienne (Done - unplanned drop by).
  11. Have a French meal (including escargots) at La Maison Rose (Pink House).
  12. Go to the beach (Done - Oslob whale watching).
  13. Have a lazy afternoon stroll at the IT Park (Done - May 24).
  14. Have a haircut at Bridges Salon (Done - May 24).
  15. Try the "puso"  - rice wrapped in weaved coconut leaves (Done - June 2).
  16. Chill out at the Chillage (Done - June 2).
  17. Lounge in a pristine white sand bar (Done - Plantation Bay solo escapade).
  18. Dine in a restaurant with a good panoramic view of the city.
  19. Try the Ice Castle halo-halo (Done - The client introduced us to this treat which is definitely better than Chowking's, has its own charm, though not comparable to the simple but memorable Razon's).

  20.  




 

No comments: